About Phoenix Tailings
Each year the mining industry discards over 200 billion tons of waste (tailings) and produces more than 7% of the world’s carbon emissions. Phoenix Tailings is on a mission to be the world’s first clean mining and metals production company. By eliminating this harmful waste from the environment, we can sustainably create valuable new materials.
We started with the humble beginnings of a few friends in a backyard, thinking of how they can fix this broken system of metals production. Now, Phoenix Tailings has become one of the top sustainability startups in the world. A Techstars Boston 2020 company with funding from the US Department of Energy and National Science Foundation, Phoenix has demonstrated early success in our clean mining mission.
We still have a long way to go to achieve this mission. However, it’s our belief that together, the right people can overcome any obstacle and change the world.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
Our Values: Ask us about them!
You are only crazy if you are wrong
It’s ok to be wrong
Lead with Compassion
What we do
At Phoenix, we build novel chemical processing techniques and technologies that are at the forefront of extracting critical materials that were previously trapped in tailings, solving the waste remediation process of the mining industry, and revolutionizing the mining industry with our zero waste mining solutions.
Who are we looking for:
Phoenix Tailings is looking for a Director of Finance, to join our team in Woburn. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, as the key leader on the finance team, the Director of Finance will be responsible for managing the financial status of the company and ensuring the business is operating efficiently.
What you will do:
- Lead the financial management, analysis, reporting, and forecasting for Phoenix Tailings as well as strategize ways to improve the financial performance of the company.
- Develop financial modeling, reporting, budgeting, and organizational planning. You will work with the executive team to identify areas of strategic opportunity and improvement
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Board and executive team, including supporting analysis to contextualize performance
- Perform economic analysis of technical functions and profitability of operations
- Support fundraising initiatives including debt, equity, and non-dilutive grant processes
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
Your background may include:
- BS in Finance, or a related field
- Proven experience as Director of Finance or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Experience leading financial team in a startup environment
- Industrial & technical expertise
- Past involvement in successful venture fundraising processes
- Team player, able to build and maintain relationships internal and external
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex financial concepts
- Techincal background capable of quickly grasping scientific concepts and relating the financial impact
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreats, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings we have an open culture that values learning and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining. We offer an attractive compensation package with benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and an unlimited vacation policy. This is an opportunity to work in an innovative, fun, and fast-paced environment focused on revolutionizing how the world’s primary resources are created.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information or any other applicable protected characteristics and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).