We’re excited to share that our team is growing!
At Evergrow, we seek to build and sustain a carbon-neutral world. We're fulfilling this mission by making financing accessible for those creating low-carbon infrastructure and technology (e.g., wind, solar, renewable natural gas). The new climate bill passed by Congress last summer is a game-changer for renewable energy project developers, and we are building solutions to ensure they can take advantage of associated financial benefits. Our transparency and speed materially lowers transaction costs and helps more projects get built, ultimately accelerating decarbonization.
You should apply if:
You want a direct impact in the renewable energy system: All of our work is focused on achieving our mission of reducing CO2e by 2030 and every year thereafter. We only create and deploy products and services in service of this goal.
You want to work alongside the best: We’ve brought together an immensely talented, thoughtful, and mission-driven team—we care deeply about our work, are highly collaborative, and are eager to welcome other like-minded people to join us in our mission. We’ve spent time at leading companies (e.g., Google, BCG, McKinsey & Co., D.E. Shaw, Pinterest) and academic institutions (e.g., Columbia, MIT, Stanford, Princeton), and are backed by leading investors (including XYZ Venture Capital, Congruent Ventures, First Round Capital, Garuda Ventures, My Climate Journey, Skyview Ventures, and founders and senior executives from Plaid, Brex, Twitch, Instacart, Charm Industrial, Living Carbon, and Bridgewater Associates).
You’re energized about solving complex problems: We are at a new frontier with climate change—the Inflation Reduction Act signals a profound shift in climate policy, with financial incentive (and benefits) at its core. This brings a vast network of wild-west legislations, processes, businesses and people into the fray, and it will be your job to bring order to the chaos. If you're prepared to tackle these challenges and work to build long-lasting, novel solutions and relationships from scratch, we believe you'll be an excellent match.
Where we are today
We’ve inked our inaugural client deals and are expanding our operations at full throttle. As the Business Development Manager, you'll lead the org responsible for serving these clients, acquiring fresh partnerships, and implementing systems to drive exponential growth in both areas.
Your impact as the Director of Operations & Chief of Staff
As Evergrow’s lead people operator, your influence as the Director of Ops and Chief of Staff will drive seamless communication and cross-functional collaboration.
You will be directly responsible for:
● Supervising: Day-to-day office operations, various departmental staff and provide constructive feedback, and manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resource allocation.
● Generating: Business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements on existing policies; Key performance indicators and how to measure team performance.
● Strategy: Reviewing financial information and adjusting operational budgets to promote profitability; leading strategic planning process.
● Legal: Ensuring the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations.
● Consulting: Department leaders with recommendations to improve teamwork across the organization and advise on efficient prioritization of business strategies.
We’re looking for someone who:
● Embodies our values and passions about solving the climate crisis.
● Has 5-7 years of consulting experience with a focus on operations management, or proven experience as a Director of Operations/Chief of Staff or an equivalent position in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment with high levels of ambiguity and where the business is constantly evolving.
● Has exceptional organizational and leadership abilities.
● Holds in-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g., finance, customer service, etc.).
● Contains strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication.
● Is able to collaborate in person in San Francisco three days per week.
Even if you don’t match every listed requirement, we highly encourage you to apply! At Evergrow, we value our differences, and encourage all - especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations- to apply. We’ve embedded diverse perspectives at all levels at Evergrow because we know it makes our team stronger and better equipped to serve all stakeholders.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Compensation and benefits
🏥 Top-tier health, dental, and vision insurance
🥕 Daily lunch provided
🏝 Flexible PTO
👶 Family Leave
🌳 Regular team retreats and offsites
🐶 Dog-friendly office in downtown San Francisco
🌐 Visa and / or green card sponsorship (our CEO's first startup focused on streamlining immigration!)