WHO ARE WE?
The World Fund is a €350M venture capital fund built around the belief that decarbonisation is, and will increasingly become, a key value driver of our economy.
We back entrepreneurs building climate tech for a regenerative world.
We invest in world-changing technologies and business ideas. Our diverse international team is made up of entrepreneurs, scientists, communication and policy specialists, investors, and visionaries.
We are a driven, passionate team of go-getters, working together to make a difference.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Supporting the investment team with creating climate performance potential (CPP) assessments of different startup propositions and climate technologies
- Create content and coordinate stakeholders to advance our thought leadership and our work with leading climate associations such as Project Frame or Venture Climate Alliance
- Helping further develop our impact reporting framework with our portfolio companies
- Supporting the Head of Impact with preparing materials and leveraging our investors for Impact, which includes the who is who of European entrepreneurs and institutions
- Contributing to the development of an investor impact platform
- Supporting partners and investment team with writing and publishing articles, as well as conducting deep dives on key decarbonisation drivers of specific sectors
AND WHO ARE YOU?
- Entrepreneurial spirit, able to work independently in a high-velocity environment
- Excellent communicator, able to express ideas and viewpoints in a compelling way
- Joy and track record in thinking mathematically about complex dynamic systems
- Comfortable in a collaborative, diverse environment where we are encouraged to challenge one another, so the best ideas come first
- Highly personable and contributing to a warm, fun, and friendly team culture
- Demonstrable capability and 3-5 years of experience in applying impact methodologies, LCAs, climate frameworks, or similar
- Passionate about tackling climate change and building a regenerative world
- Enjoying deep research processes while staying pragmatic and outcome oriented
- Supportive of diverse opinions and able to constructively challenge viewpoints
- Relevant studies at university (Sustainability, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar)
- Fluent in English
- Good understanding of (climate) technologies
- You are reliable according to § 1 (20) no. 1 - 3 of the German Anti Money Laundering Act.
- Prior experience in operations and/or impact at a startup or investment fund
- Prior exposure to SFDR/ESG compliance
- Voluntary or professional activities undertaken in a climate tech field
- Experience working abroad and a second language preferred
- Capable of thought leadership in one of our verticals; Energy, FALU, transport or industry
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU:
- Together with the World Fund team, you will create impact by empowering climate tech companies to make this world a better place
- You will join a diverse and high-performing team with extensive experience in the investment and climate space
- As part of the VC ecosystem, you will get exposure to other funds and can start building your network in the VC world
- A senior member of staff will be your mentor at the World Fund. They will be a part of your professional development and coach you to expand your skill set in venture capital
- Whilst working with us, you are a full part of our team, and the World Fund family. You will join us at our week-long strategic on-sites and team meetings
- We commit to support you in your long-term career development, providing you with growth opportunities and supporting you to reach your targeted career goals
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application to email@example.com with all required documents detailed below:
Please be aware that we cannot offer visa support as a part of this role.
- Cover Letter [please refer to the requirements in the job profile]
We are looking forward to receiving your application!