Catalyzing a cleaner future.
ESS is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy storage and is consistently identified as one of the most innovative and exciting technology players in energy storage. Trading on the NYSE (GWH), it is poised to be one of the fastest growing energy technology companies in the world, with projects already across 4 continents. The ESS vision is about enabling the decarbonization of the grid by enabling us to achieve up to 100% of our electricity from clean, sustainable renewable energy.
These are ambitious goals, and we are pursuing them with passion. At ESS, we are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
ESS is hiring an experienced Strategy and Business Operations Manager to support our GTM organization (sales, business development, marketing, solution engineering and customer success). Reporting directly to the SVP of GTM, the Business Operations Manager will help standup and own key functions (examples could include sales analytics, sales ops, inside sales, etc.). At the same time, the Business Operations Manager will be the strategic partner and Chief of Staff to the SVP of GTM, solving some of ESS’s most challenging strategic problems.
What You’ll Do At ESS.
- Act as the SVP of GTM’s strategic business partner, helping ESS scale by 10x over the next three years. Examples of potential projects could include 1) creating the 3-year GTM strategy, 2) providing recommendations for entering into new markets and / or products, 3) developing a customer segmentation model and strategy, 4) competitive analysis and 5) establishing and implementing a pricing and packaging strategy.
- Act as the SVP of GTM’s Chief of Staff. Examples of potential initiatives include 1) standing up and running OKRs, 2) running their staff meeting, 3) running the weekly sales meeting and 4) other activities to increase leverage throughout the organization.
- Standup, own and buildout key GTM functions. Responsibilities would include implementing best practices and hiring top talent for several functions, which could include sales analytics, sales ops, inside sales, etc.
What You Bring To The Table.
- 4-8 years of total experience, including at least two years of experience at a top tier management consulting firm.
- An understanding of how the electricity markets work, with a deep desire to become an industry expert. Long duration energy storage is the lynchpin to a low carbon future.
- Initiative and comfort with ambiguity. ESS is a startup company that is growing rapidly. You will be expected to proactively identify and solve complex problems with little direction.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to synthesize complex or abstract ideas into simple, clear, and understandable messages.
The ideal candidate will also have the following:
- 2-4 years of management experience
- 2-4 years of operating experience in sales ops or sales analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as Engineering
- Passionate about climate change
- Basic SQL Skills