Reactivate is a joint venture powered by Lafayette Square and Invenergy, bringing together complementary impact investment and sustainable energy expertise to support renewable energy projects, create job opportunities, bring energy cost savings to underserved communities, and advance opportunities for minority and women-owned businesses. Reactivate is dedicated to ensuring an equitable energy future. We are a young team on a path to be the country’s leading developer, financier and operator of renewable energy projects serving low-income communities. We have set bold targets to harness the power of renewable energy to generate savings for low-to-moderate income households, create jobs for underserved workers, help bring minority and women-owned businesses into the renewable energy supply chain, and help revive neglected communities through tax payments on previously under-utilized land. You can learn more about Reactivate at https://www.reactivate.com/.
At Reactivate, Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are more than just words to us. These are values at the core of how we build our teams, cultivate our leaders and create a company where everyone feels valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and we believe that our differences enable us to be a better team. We are not just looking for a culture fit, we are looking for a culture add. We hope you will consider adding everything that makes you, uniquely you to our growing team.
The Vice President, EPC will be responsible for leading a team to develop Reactivate’s engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) strategy. The primary focus of this role will require ongoing involvement with engineering consultants, utilities, construction contractors, and major equipment vendors primarily related to renewable fuels, with a particular emphasis on commercial rooftop, community solar, small utility scale solar and next generation products (energy storage, EV charging, etc.). This position will require close collaboration with other internal stakeholder groups, such as Development, Finance, and Product among others. This role will also work alongside other senior leaders at the company to define and execute our EPC strategy.
- Lead the Reactivate EPC team including full-time resources for engineering, procurement, and construction project management
- Oversee engineering, procurement and construction activities for all Reactivate projects
- Oversee technical due diligence for solar project acquisitions and financing activities
- Interface with cross functional teams from product development up to and through operations and asset management
- Lead Reactivate’s technology strategy and stay apprised of technology advancements to support product offerings from solar, energy storage, EV charging and next generation technologies
- Manage team to develop layouts, energy estimates, and capex estimates for early Reactivate projects
- Develop Reactivate procurement/supply strategy
- Lead development and relationship management for key construction and social impact partners including EPC firms, MWBE supplier and contractors, and workforce development organizations
- Manage contracting for Reactivate projects
- Manage relationships with third party engineering firms
- Work with team to review detailed civil, structural, and electrical engineering design packages, and ensure compliance with Reactivate’s technical specifications.
- Manage team to conduct site visits to support site constructability evaluation, landowner meetings, and community outreach events.
- Stay apprised of technology advancements and trends across PV module, inverter, racking and energy storage OEMs.
- Manage internal or external resources to Evaluate and provide actionable feedback on Distribution and ISO level utility impact studies regarding accuracy, required system upgrades, project design changes and cost reasonability
- Prepare and deliver internal and external presentations, webinars, etc.
- Ensure team utilizes company designated software to track and manage technical processes and projects
- Operate as a key leader on the Reactivate team in a nimble, start-up environment
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Applicants should possess at least 10-15 years of experience in the renewable energy sector at a leadership level
- A degree in business, economics, engineering, finance or a similar field is preferred but not required
- Have excellent understanding of US renewable energy technology and an ability to assess, evaluate, and provide insights to an innovative team
- Have direct experience overseeing the project management and construction activities for renewable energy projects
- Have direct experience negotiating contracts and identifying contractors and service providers to support renewable energy projects
- Have direct experience leading a team of people at all levels
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, incl. significant experience with proposal and presentation preparation.
- Hands-on experience leading contractual analysis and proposal submissions
- Extensive experience analyzing and structuring complex agreements
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to make decisions with limited information and in light of ambiguity
- Ability to travel up to 30-50% of the time
*Upon submission, we want to empower you to record your name via the Name Pronunciation tool so that our hiring team can ensure they are pronouncing your name correctly and that you feel properly acknowledged.