Do you believe that entrepreneurs can change the world? Do you want to harness technology and capitalism to build a more just and sustainable world? Do you want to help build North America’s leading seed-at-scale impact investing platform? If so, read on…
About Avesta Fund
Avesta Fund invests in tech-enabled startups driving decarbonization or economic opportunity, while prioritizing diverse founders. Avesta’s unique seed-at-scale impact investing model is poised to deliver top venture returns and measurable impact, by combining:
- Sourcing-at-Scale: Plug into top accelerator programs (Techstars, Elemental, Greentown Labs, Third Derivative, NREL, Village Capital, Antler...) and a network of co-investors (Energy Impact, Powerhouse, Impact Engine, MUUS, Blackhorn, Prelude, Rethink…) for qualified deal flow.
- Investing-at-Scale: Apply data-driven investment approaches used by leading Seed-at-Scale investors like Techstars, Y Combinator and 500 Startups.
- Impact-at-Scale: Bake impact into a startup’s DNA early through structured impact coaching, adapting methods used by leading impact investors like Omidyar, MacArthur and Gates.
Avesta’s leaders (Srikant Vasan and Stuart Davidson) have 40+ years of experience in VC, impact investing and tech startups. Having closed on Avesta Fund I in Q4 2022, we aim to raise subsequent funds every few years so we can build North America’s leading seed-stage venture fund targeting impact-oriented startups over the next 10+ years. We are adding an Investment Associate as a core member of our Investment team.
For the right candidate, this offers a unique opportunity to join this platform early and grow into a leadership role at the firm over the next few years. As such, we expect you to be involved across the investment lifecycle:
- Deal Sourcing: Nurture relationships with top accelerators and other deal sources nationwide, Gain early visibility into deals, Conduct initial review of companies, Manage deal pipeline.
- Deal Diligence: Diligence companies’ products and technology, competitive positioning, customer value proposition, and financial viability.
- Investing: Assist with investment decisions, Prepare investment memos.
- Impact Measurement & Reporting: Coach portfolio companies to align their impact with their business, and enable impact reporting and accountability.
- Colorado Ecosystem Building: Support portfolio companies that wish to expand in/to Colorado, by connecting them to key local resources (mentors, bizdev, talent, customers…) and help build Colorado into one of the nation’s top communities of impact+tech entrepreneurs.
- Entrepreneurial empathy: ideally gained through 5+ years experience in fast-paced environments like tech startups or venture capital.
- Experience with sourcing seed-stage investments is a strong plus.
- Expertise with scalable sustainability and climate tech solutions.
- Investment and due diligence experience: ideally in early-stage venture capital.
- Lived experience that enables connection with diverse, underrepresented founders.
- Ability to build scalable systems and processes.
- Effective communication, collaboration, and network building skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritize to meet multiple goals.
- Curiosity, Willingness to learn, Desire to build and grow with a long-lasting platform.
- Eligible to work in the US, Willing to move to the Denver / Boulder metro area.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Please include the words “Investment Associate” in the subject line.