At Myst AI
, we’re building a machine learning platform that enables data scientists to create highly accurate time series forecasts at massive scale. Our vision is to create a world in which demand and supply are in continuous balance, so resources are used efficiently and sustainably for a better planet. Our current focus is to help energy companies better predict the future – to increase renewable energy adoption and reduce carbon emissions. There is an enormous addressable market (>$100B) for this platform, with an opportunity to drive significant impact in a variety of industries.
Who are we looking for?
As our Head of Marketing, you’ll be our first marketing hire, responsible for all marketing. We believe this role will be transformational for our company. Users of the Myst Platform are data scientists who can choose from a wide variety of open source and paid tools. Understanding our users’ workflow and pain points and articulating how the Myst Platform changes their lives is critical to reach and excite our users; without it, Myst will not be a success.
In your day-to-day, you will be delivering key marketing outputs through external partnerships. While laying a foundation in researching our users and buyers and crafting the story of the product, we will look to you to create and execute the launch plan for the Myst Platform while producing sales enablement content for our enterprise sales team.
We’re looking for someone with 5–10 years of work experience, of which at least 3–5 years in product marketing at high-growth enterprise startups focused on technical users. This is a unique chance to lay the foundation for our marketing organization!
What might you work on?
- Work with our leadership team to define the marketing vision, strategy, and priorities
- Define, prioritize, and execute marketing outcomes, such as user journey and experience, product positioning, website development, new product launch plan, user newsletters, sales enablement materials, product pricing, and community development
- Build and manage relationships with external partners (marketing agencies, designers, etc.) to deliver on marketing activities
- Work closely with Myst’s business and product teams to ensure messaging is compelling and truthful
- Plan the growth of the marketing team and recruit and manage highly talented individuals
- Ensure that by EOY 2022, data scientists working on time series forecasting think of Myst as one of their top possible resources
What do you need to be successful?
- At least 3–5 years of software product marketing experience
- Experience marketing B2B software platforms for technical users (data scientists or engineers), ideally both with enterprise sales and product-led growth go-to-market
- Ability to set a well-informed plan with the ownership to deliver
- Technology enthusiast and great synthesize, able to go deep on AI/ML workflow and understand specific user and buyer problems
- Empathetic leader with high EQ and an excellent culture fit for Myst (kind, humble, collaborative, curious)
- Interested in Myst – our technical vision and/or focus on sustainability!
How we show up
• We care about Quality: We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and continuous improvement in our journey to long-term success.
• We believe in Diligence: We move slow to go fast because our forecasts are critical for our clients. We monitor performance and build reliable systems that clients can depend on.
• We are Resourceful: We believe in being owners of our work. When challenges arise, we find a path forward.
• We seek to Understand: We are intensely curious and welcome honest feedback, which creates an open and collaborative culture of growth.
Myst AI is a Series A
company funded by top VCs, including Google. We passionately believe that some of humanity’s biggest problems such as climate change and food waste can be solved, in part, through better forecasting. We currently work with many of the world’s leading energy companies, often helping them save millions of dollars a year while reducing their carbon footprint.
We believe in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team; and we’re committed to creating a culture in which people can bring their whole self to work. Some of the best people we’ve worked with did not follow conventional paths. If you think you’re a good fit, even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications, please contact us – we’d love to hear from you!
Myst offers a competitive salary, stock options, health benefits, 401k matching, and other great perks to full-time employees.