About Phoenix Tailings
Phoenix Tailings is a rapidly growing clean mining and metals production startup dedicated to sustainable and economic critical metals production. Our mission is to be the world's first fully clean mining and metals production company, producing the resources needed for the next generation of our economy.
Why Phoenix Tailings
At Phoenix, we believe that nothing great is ever accomplished alone or without the passion of people who push and motivate one another. If you are someone who shares our relentless pursuit of a better future, passion for innovation, and are excited about working with some of the top innovators in the world, then this is the place for you.
● You are only crazy if you are wrong
● It’s ok to be wrong
● Lead with Compassion
● Be Resourceful
Who We Are Looking For:
Phoenix Tailings is seeking a Vice President of Government Affairs who is looking for a career where they can make a significant impact on the world. We encourage applications from individuals who are passionate about sustainability, innovation, and have a proven track record of designing mechanical systems for high-temperature and complex processes.
The successful candidate will be a leader, a team player, and a mentor, bringing expertise and positive influence to our diverse and talented team.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive government affairs strategy to advance the company's goals and interests at local, national, and international levels.
- Build and maintain relationships with government officials, policymakers, and industry stakeholders to influence legislation and regulations that align with our mission.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments that impact the mining industry, providing strategic guidance to the executive team on potential implications and opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align government affairs efforts with the company's overall objectives.
- Represent the company in government and industry forums, conferences, and public hearings to advocate for sustainable mining practices and responsible resource extraction.
- Lead the development of position papers, white papers, and policy briefs to support our advocacy initiatives.
- Engage with industry associations and organizations to coordinate efforts and drive collective action on shared policy priorities.
- Manage and oversee government affairs budgets, including external consultants and lobbying activities.
- Stay abreast of political and economic trends that may impact the company's operations and future growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Political Science, Government Relations, Public Policy, or related fields. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in government affairs, public policy, or related roles, with at least 5 years in a leadership position.
- Proven track record of successful advocacy and engagement with government officials and industry stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of the mining industry, environmental regulations, and sustainable mining practices.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to effectively convey the company's positions to diverse audiences.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to assess and respond to evolving legislative and regulatory landscapes.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high-performing government affairs teams.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based on expertise. We also offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, we care about you and your family: 100% Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreats, and celebrations.
- Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
At Phoenix Tailings, we have an open culture that values learning, and we are looking to grow the team with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of sustainable mining.
Phoenix Tailings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity at all levels. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information, or any other applicable protected characteristics, and these characteristics will not be a factor for consideration of any work-related decisions (including but not limited to hiring, firing, compensation, and discipline).