Azolla Management Company seeks a Finance & Operations Associate / Manager for its early-stage, impact-driven venture capital fund. Azolla Ventures brings a fundamentally new approach to venture investing, integrating catalytic capital and full-cycle capital to embrace high risk and prioritize climate impact. Azolla Ventures was created by Prime Coalition, a nonprofit organization that partners with philanthropists and other mission-driven investors to support market-driven innovations designed to catalyze, deepen, or accelerate solutions for climate change.
Reporting to the General Partner(s), we are seeking an experienced Finance & Operations Associate / Manager to support the operations of Azolla Ventures and successor funds. This is an opportunity to be part of a small and dynamic team innovating at the forefront of climate investing, catalytic capital, and technology commercialization. The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic environment and have a “can do” attitude, responding to questions and open-ended tasks with a “yes if” not “no because” mentality.
Azolla Management Company is an equal opportunity employer with an intentional focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Applicants from backgrounds which are underrepresented in venture capital are especially encouraged to apply.
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts. (Remote for the time being)
Reporting relationship: Reports directly to General Partner(s).
Compensation: Salary commensurate with the fund’s investment stage and style, plus incentive compensation partially based on impact metrics.
Work Authorization: Unfortunately, Azolla Ventures is not able to sponsor U.S work visas now or in the foreseeable future. All applicants will be required to produce valid U.S work authorization prior to commencing employment.
- Manage LP communications across funds, including onboarding, capital calls, annual investor meetings, and semi-annual fund reporting. Manage fundraising pipelines and support subscription processes.
- Own the funds’ external and internal marketing efforts, including fund marketing materials, portfolio company updates, social media presence, website, and other public profiles. Support the investment team on market research, presentation materials, speeches, written articles, and other externally-facing projects on an as-needed basis.
- Support portfolio impact measurement and management efforts, in collaboration with impact and nonprofit partner Prime Coalition.
- Interface with service providers in support of finance, legal, and administrative functions.
- Interface with outsourced back office provider to monitor and report on fund and management company finances, including updating the firm’s track record and managing and reconciling the budget.
- Own logistics surrounding firm-hosted events and team office space.
- Two or more years’ experience in a client-facing role, ideally in financial services. Experience in wealth management, asset management, or technology start-ups is a plus.
- Highly mission-oriented and motivated to address climate change.
- Excitement and ability to work in a multicultural team; in addition, excellent interpersonal skills that allow you to work with founders, co-investors and partners of diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptionally organized and technologically proficient, with demonstrated ability to design new work systems for organizational efficiency.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to support the investment team across critical areas.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities. Able to quickly collect, integrate, and execute on feedback from many sources, and able to communicate thoroughly, efficiently, and effectively across a dynamic team.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative on self-directed projects.
- Ability to represent the organization with utmost professionalism and integrity; ability to cultivate long-standing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Contact: To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter here: https://azollaventures.typeform.com/to/lR3X913n. Please contact email@example.com with any questions. Unfortunately, we are unable to do informational interviews so when in doubt, please apply!