Are you a graduate student or young professional passionate about the power of investing to change the world?
We are seeking a dynamic, values-driven Fellow to join our Research Team.
CapShift is a mission-driven growth company working at the intersection of finance and impact to unlock the $1 trillion of charitable assets in the U.S. for impact investments into funds and enterprises. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a culture of personal development, creative freedom, and the partnership of a dedicated group of teammates. Our aim is to help mobilize billions of dollars of investment capital to organizations tackling major social and environmental challenges.
- Support all aspects of the investments team, including investment sourcing, screening, analysis, rating, and presentation
- Engage with for profit and non-profit companies and fund managers in public and private markets to collect information regarding investment opportunities
- Execute the investment and recoverable grant screening process and make recommendations for improving it
- Synthesize and present investments to include on the CapShift database, and support presentation of investment and recoverable grant opportunities to institutional and high net worth clients
- Develop expertise across specific asset classes, investment products, and impact sectors to compare to relevant peer groups, including developing relationship with industry experts and fund managers, and documenting learning outcomes
- Make recommendations to improve our impact screening and reporting capabilities
- Support on consulting engagements with CapShift partners as relevant
- Take leadership roles in other aspects of a high growth startup company, including team, culture, technology, market research, marketing, sales, and customer development
- Current graduate student or young professional with 3+ years of work experience in investment analysis, consulting, or quantitative analysis
- Demonstrated interest or experience in responsible or impact investing
- A passion for delivering value for clients while aligning financial returns with societal impact
- Demonstrated familiarity or interest with public fund managers, private funds (equity, debt, real assets), direct investments and philanthropic capital
- Expertise in investment sourcing, screening, analysis, and presentation of operational, financial and impact factors of an investment
- Demonstrated strength in data analytics, effective reporting, and working with large data sets and legal documents
- Rigor and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fit with working in a high growth, flexible startup environment in which employees are expected to take on multiple responsibilities and leadership positions
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills required with preference for experience with Salesforce, and other common investment analysis tools
- Advanced or Undergraduate degree in Economics, Business, or equivalent preferred
The Fellow will be involved in sourcing, qualifying, and conducting impact, operational, and financial due diligence as well as ad-hoc research for external clients and/or internal purposes. The Fellow will be exposed to the full spectrum of impact investments, from market rate public and private funds to impact-first recoverable grants. The candidate will report to the Director of Research and will be an integral member of the team.
CapShift aims to make it easier for families to build impact investment portfolios through their trusted advisors and financial institutions. Since its founding, CapShift has mobilized capital into dozens of high impact funds and enterprises providing solutions to global issues such as climate, health, racial justice, and income inequality.
CapShift’s impact investing platform combines software, research, and advisory covering over 1,000 leading impact investment funds and enterprises across public, private, and nonprofit investment and recoverable grant segments.
CapShift is targeting the $1 trillion charitable investment market, and currently work with many leading donor advised fund providers including Vanguard Charitable, National Philanthropic Trust, and Chicago Community Trust. Its suite of solutions makes it easy to source, diligence, deploy, and monitor implement impact portfolios. Clients includes foundations, financial and philanthropic advisors, corporations, and family offices.
CapShift was founded by MissionPoint Partners, Jacques Perold, and Heron Foundation. Other investors include leading impact investing families, and include Jesse Fink Spring Point Partners, Gratitude Railroad, Brazen Impact, and Grantham Foundation for the Protection of the Environment.
How to Apply
CapShift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or involvement in the criminal justice system. We invite individuals with diverse life experiences and non-conventional backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that details your interest in the role and key qualifications or experience to email@example.com with the subject “Impact Investing Fellow”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CapShift offers competitive compensation along with an opportunity for employees to receive equity in the company.