We’re hiring Chief of Staff you will work closely with our Co-founder & CEO, and be responsible for a wide and varied number of tasks and projects that will enable our leader to drive the business forward effectively and quickly. This role will operate as a key component in our CEO effectiveness by contributing on: strategy formulation and implementation, business analytics and insights, key stakeholder management among other special projects and enable our CEO to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Our ideal candidate will have experience as the Chief of Staff to the CEO of a high growth company as well as strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation and strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
Pachama is an entirely remote team. For this role, being within 3 hours of Pacific time is preferred for this role given cross-functional communication responsibilities. Under normal conditions, this role requires travel.
Who we are.
Pachama is a mission-driven company looking to restore nature to help address climate change. Pachama brings the latest technology in remote sensing and AI to the world of forest carbon in order to enable forest conservation and restoration to scale. Pachama’s core technology harnesses satellite imaging with artificial intelligence to measure carbon captured in forests. Through the Pachama marketplace, responsible companies and individuals can connect with carbon credits from projects that are protecting and restoring forests worldwide.
We are backed by mission-aligned investors including Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Amazon Climate Fund, Chris Sacca, Saltwater Ventures, and Paul Graham.
- Facilitate and manage the process of identifying, prioritizing, chartering, communicating, and managing key projects pertaining to our CEO.
- Establish and maintain the management of team agenda and meetings.
- Track key strategic actions, drive them to closure; manage the process of tracking and communicating performance against objectives.
- Serve as the key interface to the CEO’s office for external groups (i.e. customers and partners) as well as internal team members.
- Support our founder in his day to day activities (presentations to customers, executives and other external audiences, preparation for critical meetings and business reviews).
Experiences and skills we're looking for
- Experience as the Chief of Staff to the CEO of a high growth company.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize large amounts of information from multiple sources to draw conclusions.
- Excellent communications skills with ability to simplify and explain complex problems to stakeholders of all levels across multiple functions, with a willingness to challenge when necessary.
- Superior organizational skills and project/time management abilities, with ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities at the same time.
- Leadership skills with ability to inspire others to achieve a common objective.
- Keen business acumen - govern the strategic planning, understand our strategy, assess how well we are executing it, offer recommendations for improvement.
- Entrepreneurial and creative mindset with ability to formulate solutions to problems and Strong process orientation and mindset.
- The highest level of integrity and an unwavering sense of what is best for the business.
- Ability to navigate Pachama and build great work relationships across the teams.
- Ability to keep with a fast pace and high energy culture, and not stress easily.
- Emotional intelligence, flexible work style, and excellent diplomatic skills across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to give and receive feedback and constructive criticism.