Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future and our outstanding people are our most important asset. Backed by some of the best investors in the world, our goal is to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
Who are you?
Electric Hydrogen is looking for a hands-on test engineer with fluid systems experience in a research lab or pilot plant environment. You have a Swiss army knife of skills with many more tricks up your sleeve. You take great satisfaction in watching a test stand you just spent a week debugging, leak testing, and struggling with operate perfectly. You welcome feedback from scientists about how to make your test equipment even better. You coolly analyze data to provide information driven decisions when your test hardware is down. Your experience has taught you to be cautious about the promised performance of products and always think about how components will fail. You know where to purchase things. You may even know vendors on a first name basis. You have opinions about vendors and products that no one outside of work wants to talk about.
No two days will be the same. You will have multiple test stations running simultaneously that you have to worry about and take care of. You will be continually commissioning new test hardware. You might be reconfiguring hardware to put together quick and dirty test rigs to answer scientific questions. You will be asked a hundred questions a day by scientists, engineers, and technicians. When you have time you will be visualizing the future of the lab and getting ready for that future by purchasing things.
This position will be based out of our office in Natick, MA.
- Commission and install new test equipment
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and get test equipment back online
- Mentor/Train technicians
- Design a world-class electrochemical test facility
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering, chemistry, material science, physics)
- Five years of hands-on experience with fittings, tubing, light shop tools, ability to read drawings
- Five years of Electrical experience reading schematics, wiring things, troubleshooting low voltage circuits)
- One year of programming experience writing and modifying basic Python scripts. We don’t need you to be a software engineer
- One year of experience with control Systems – have seen them before and have an interest in learning more
- Master's degree
- Experience in product development of a material science product, (Electrochemistry, fuel cells, batteries a plus)
- Experience with industrial control systems: PLC programming, HMI/SCADA, networking
- Five years of experience managing technicians
- Passion for decarbonization preferred and start-up experience - big plus
Electric Hydrogen offers the best benefits possible. We pay 100% of all employees’ health/dental/vision/disability insurance premiums and 100% of the premium for their immediate family. This is for all of our employees. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. We also offer a generous 401k match and an unlimited time-off policy.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world’s leading experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world’s top venture capital firms, the Company designs and manufactures electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to generate green hydrogen by splitting water. Electric Hydrogen is building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. The Company was founded in 2020 and is based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is an equal opportunity employer.