Glacier is hiring a Chief of Staff to work directly with our founders on a variety of high-impact initiatives to support the needs of our rapidly growing company.
- We’re a small team headquartered in SF. Our founders are experienced leaders from Bain consulting and Facebook engineering. By getting in on the ground floor, you’ll have a major role in shaping Glacier’s future.
- We started Glacier to have a major positive environmental impact, and we are searching for teammates who share in that mission.
- We’re backed by top-tier VCs and investors with extensive technical and industry expertise.
- Our prototype is already demonstrating strong performance at a recycling facility, and we have a robust pipeline of upcoming robot deployments.
About the role:
Your scope is broad because you will always be working on Glacier’s highest priorities. You will be the first to explore many areas of the business in depth, and your work will lay the foundation to grow future teams in many functional areas. After 1-2 years as Chief of Staff, you will likely move into a leadership role over a function of your choosing.
Example focus areas include:
- Sales and business development: Work closely with our business founder to develop strong relationships with customers and strategic partners, and create a repeatable process for cultivating our sales pipeline.
- Product management: Translate user needs into functional requirements and help us develop our product roadmap accordingly. Work with our engineers to define and track progress on key success metrics for our technology.
- Recruiting and culture: Help us refine our process for finding and onboarding a world-class team and making their experience at Glacier deeply meaningful.
- Internal tools and processes: Accelerate our development speed by identifying opportunities to improve internal processes - knowledge flow, documentation, meeting schedules and agendas, and so on.
- Supporting key strategic business initiatives: This includes projects such as investor relations, fundraising support, scoping future business opportunities, refining pricing and monetization strategy, etc.
(If you don't think you meet all of the criteria but are excited about us, please reach out anyway!)
- Significant experience in roles requiring both strategic and operational skills. Examples include (but are not limited to) management consulting and startup business operations.
- Extensive experience with data analysis tools such as Excel or SQL.
- Experience synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data and communicating clear insights to an executive audience.
- Strong self-starter mentality; ability to structure ambiguous problems, then define and implement solutions to them with minimal guidance.
- Bonus points for prior experience leading teams.