About Elemental Excelerator
Elemental Excelerator advances solutions to climate change and deploys those solutions in the communities that need them the most. Each year, we find 15-20 companies that best fit our mission and fund each company up to $1 million to improve systems that impact people’s lives: energy, water, food & agriculture, mobility, and the circular economy. To date, we have awarded over $36 million to 99 companies and deployed more than 59 projects in Hawaii, California’s frontline communities, and the Asia Pacific. At Elemental, we blend a growth mindset with the diverse backgrounds and roots of our team, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone’s contributions are valued and encouraged.
Investor in Residence
- Are you passionate about helping climate tech entrepreneurs raise capital?
- Do you have a proven track record structuring investment rounds on the VC side of the table?
- Are you well connected with energy, agriculture, water, mobility, and circular economy investors?
Apply to be our Investor in Residence! This is a consulting position that could range from 10-20 hours per week. Work will be performed within a multifaceted, ambitious team environment with support from our organization and the broader ecosystem. We are seeking someone who is a delight to work with and a credible partner for our startups!
Specific duties may include:
- Work directly with Elemental portfolio companies to provide support during the fundraising process
- Vet pitch decks, data rooms, and supporting materials to provide portfolio companies insights based on your first-hand experience
- Provide insight and advice on positioning and value proposition
- Introduce portfolio companies to investors who may be a good fit
- Facilitate and build peer-to-peer learning sessions for Elemental portfolio companies
- Build fundraising webinars to climate tech companies in the Elemental pipeline to support the overall sector, beyond just the Elemental portfolio
- Evaluate opportunities to increase impact of the Investor in Residence role, develop and test new insights, and iterate based on findings
- Share portfolio progress and technical/business insights with internal team, investors, corporates, and others
- Background as a VC
- Experience mentoring or coaching entrepreneurs
- Direct experience fundraising and completing due diligence (from Seed to Series C)
- Experience developing term sheets, pitch decks, data rooms, etc.
- Relationships with investors in energy, agriculture, water, mobility, and circular economy
- Ability to engage network to support Elemental portfolio companies and broader ecosystem
- Excellent communication and partner leadership skills
- High emotional intelligence and ability to build interpersonal relationships
- Flexible, creative, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Proven ability in energy, agriculture, water, mobility, or circular economy
- Relationships within strategic corporates/multinationals
- Experience with project finance, venture debt, working capital, and other kinds of capital in energy, water, infrastructure, and/or manufacturing
- Relationships within the impact investing community
- Our preference is for the Investor in Residence to be based in the Bay Area, and travel would be likely 10%, mainly in the U.S. and Asia Pacific.
- This position will be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic
Competitive pay will be offered commensurate with qualifications. Continuation of employment is dependent upon program/operational needs, satisfactory work performance, availability of funds, and compliance with applicable Federal/State laws.
This is an independent contractor position.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter online at www.elementalexcelerator.com/jobs/ . In your cover letter, please include your ideal availability and time dedication for this work. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.