Urenco plays a crucial role in supporting the Net Zero transition and enabling people all over the world to access clean, reliable, safe electricity.
We are an international supplier of enrichment services and fuel cycle products for the civil nuclear industry, serving utility customers worldwide who provide low carbon electricity through nuclear generation. Urenco is currently working to develop new technologies and approaches needed to enable the global Net Zero transition, including the next generation of nuclear reactors and more.
This is a very exciting time for Urenco as the energy industry evolves, and we're expanding our strategy team to help us navigate the new opportunities ahead.
Group Strategy Manager Role:
You will provide analytical power, external perspectives, and a structured approach to address critical strategic questions and opportunities across all parts of the organisation. You will work in an international strategy team with business leaders from across the globe (i.e, CEO, Executive Committee, and other senior leaders) to support special initiatives that will help shape the future of the organisation, including projects that could drive step-changes in the energy transition globally. You will also learn to navigate a unique geopolitical environment while communicating across cultures and developing powerful expertise in safe, sustainable nuclear technology and the approaches that will enable Net Zero.
This role can be based at any of Urenco's European sites, including our head offices in Stoke Poges (close to London), UK; Gronau, Germany; or Almelo, Netherlands.
Group Strategy Projects:
- Design and lead a range of discrete strategy projects related to current and potential future business lines, including projects that will expand access to sustainable, affordable, safe energy globally and accelerate the Net Zero transition
- Lead and design projects including building objectives, scope and work plans
- Carry out detailed research and prepare clear, concise material to support senior executive and Board-level decision-making
- Lead complex project execution, while managing both internal and external stakeholders, coordinating resources, and aligning executives
- Perform analysis and shape decision-making across a range of issues, which may include M&A due diligence, cost analysis, revenue growth, competitive landscape, macro-economic factors etc.
Partnership with Operational Sites and Functional Leaders:
- Support the four operational locations (UK, NL, DE, US) and functional leaders by shaping strategic processes and advising on strategy implementation
- Act as Strategic Adviser to MDs and other leaders, helping them to develop and deploy effective strategic plans
- Design and lead workshops or other sessions to help sites execute on Urenco’s strategy
Strategic Planning Support:
- Drive the creation, tracking, and resourcing of strategic initiatives to support the annual and long term planning process
- Partner with business owners to create appropriate metrics and targets for initiatives, with clear line of sight to the overall strategic plan
- Constructively challenge key stakeholders to collaborate in producing the highest quality analysis and plans
What we're looking for:
How you act:
- Ownership mindset: You are detail-oriented, proactive and thorough, and you can juggle many priorities simultaneously. You make decisions and take accountability for them, even when you lack all of the ideal information needed. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done – while always keeping the big picture in mind.
- Team focus: You love working in diverse and multi-functional teams. You excel at coaching and training others, and you help teams perform at their best. A tactful communicator, you have experience managing complex relationships and naturally find the right tone when working with people from a range of backgrounds.
- Analytical, structured thinker: You’re fluent with a spreadsheet, and enjoy taking messy data and pulling out the key insights. You’re able to build a detailed complex analysis from scratch, and then distil it down to the three big things a busy executive needs to know.
- Growth-orientation: You strive to make sure you and your teams excel at whatever you do, and you view set-backs and challenges as motivation to try harder. You want to continuously learn and experiment, and you welcome new challenges and ambitious targets to chase.
- Passion: You are excited about the sustainability transition and energy industry, and you’re committed to supporting the growth of clean, secure, safe, affordable energy around the world. You see nuclear power as a vital component of that overall transition.
Your skills & experience:
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Project management and execution
- Executive-level, strategic communication
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural team-working and collaboration skills
- Professional or academic background in STEM or other quantitative/analytical field (desirable)
- Expertise in due diligence/M&A processes and delivery (desirable)
- Past experience in a management consultancy, banking, or corporate strategy role (desirable)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (essential); Masters qualified (desirable)
- Fluent spoken and written English (essential); additional language skills (desirable)
- Ability to obtain the required level of security clearance
- Competitive salary and conditions
- Health and wellness benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Generous vacation and time off benefits
- Paid-time off for volunteering
- Employee friendly policies, including for parental leave