Intersect Power is a team of friends driven to preserve our planet for future generations through low-carbon energy and infrastructure solutions. Founded in 2016, the privately held clean energy company develops and owns some of the world’s largest clean energy resources serving customers in retail and wholesale energy markets across North America. The company is redefining the scope of the clean energy industry by enabling new pathways between clean electricity and the broader economy to enable the deep decarbonization of our economy. We are on an aggressive growth trajectory and are staffing key positions.
The Project Finance Specialist will be a key team member of the broader Capital Markets Team and is responsible for planning, optimizing, executing, and monitoring structured finance transactions, including non-recourse debt, tax equity, portfolio financings, and hybrid facilities. This position will report directly to a Director on the Project Finance team and work closely with lenders, investors, consultants, attorneys, and internal stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Statistics, or similar quantitative fields
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Renewables, Power & Utilities, or Infrastructure capital markets
- Expert proficiency in Excel, with some experience building and maintaining VBA based macros
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders through large, complex processes on aggressive timelines.
- Candidates with experience in tax-advantaged transactions and structuring or experience working in US Power or Energy Markets will be strongly considered
*A note on qualifications: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they are able to perform every task in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Mostly sedentary work; using standard office equipment including: a computer, keyboard, and telephone.
- Position requires some travel for company-wide meetups: ~5 weeks total through a calendar year.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com.
Note: We welcome applicants who do not have current enforceable non-compete restrictions that would hinder their employment with us. If you are currently under a non-compete agreement with a previous employer, we kindly request that you carefully review the terms of that agreement and ensure that your potential employment with us does not violate those terms.