Senior Associate, Boston or Montreal office
Spring Lane Capital is recruiting! Spring Lane is a private equity firm based in Boston,
Massachusetts, and Montreal, Quebec, focused on providing hybrid capital – project finance and growth capital in tandem – for companies in the sustainable energy, food, transport and waste industries. We provide capital and expertise that addresses the “missing middle” growth stages for companies that have perfected a solution and outgrown early-stage funding but still lack the scale and the balance sheet to attract cheap, infrastructure-like capital. We work intensively with these companies on both operations and capital structure to scale them to mainstream status.
The Senior Associate role is the core of our investment team. Senior associates build and oversee
financial models to guide investment decisions, work closely with the management team of portfolio companies to identify issues and opportunities at all levels of the company, and lead deal diligence efforts for new potential investments. They are also exposed to other aspects of the firm, such as fundraising, impact measurement and reporting, and other efforts such as Developer University.
The role is probably best suited for a candidate who is 4-7 years into their financial or project
development career, and is looking to enter or build their profile in the sustainable private equity
investing industry. The position is in Boston preferred, but could also be in Montreal, Canada.
Spring Lane Capital is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please email email@example.com if interested!
Detailed role specifics
• Develop and maintain financial models – both project and corporate – to evaluate
investment opportunities with limited support
• Work closely with senior members of the deal team to conduct due diligence and support
negotiation of transaction structures and help identify and mitigate key risks
• Assist with creation of internal presentations and investment memos, understanding and
communicating complex issues simply and effectively
• Respond to inbound opportunities and proactively identifying new ones, and serve as point
person managing the firm’s pipeline
• Engage directly and constructively with portfolio company management for information
reporting and to provide insights for operational improvement
• Review investment portfolio performance and assist the asset manager in analyzing and
reporting results, as well as reviewing new project investments under prior commitments
• Assist with LP reporting requirements
• Various ad hoc projects to be expected as part of a small team
• Excellent financial modeling skills, and strong market research capabilities
• Strong communications skills, including the ability impart key insights clearly and efficiently
to both fellow Spring Lane teammates, and portfolio company management
• Intellectually and operationally independent, with proven ability to own and drive work
products with limited oversight
• Early exposure to project and corporate finance concepts, with emphasis on distributed
assets (energy, water, waste-to-value, etc.)
• Entrepreneurial mindset – can wear many different hats and succeed in ambiguous
• 4-7 years of professional experience in project finance, infrastructure advisory, investment
banking or consulting with diverse set of relevant transaction experiences
• Passionate about returns-driven sustainability investing
• Boston- (or potentially Montreal-) based role, relocation assistance offered