CTVC is the market intelligence platform for industry professionals navigating the evolving world of climate tech. We cover the go-to-market and capital flows of technologies and companies critical to decarbonization across energy, transportation, food & land use, industry, carbon, climate management, and the built environment. CTVC’s data-driven insights are trusted by 60,000+ weekly readers and have been featured in channels including NYTimes, Bloomberg, Reuters, Financial Times, and TechCrunch.
CTVC is looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial Data Engineer to join our data and product team. As a Data Engineer, you will design, develop and implement software solutions across our data and web stack, and play a crucial role in delivering insights into the new climate economy to investors, corporates, and governments mobilizing strategies in the climate transition. Our ideal candidate has a strong technical background and a willingness to “wear many hats”, learn new skills, and take the initiative to develop new features as needs arise.
- Infrastructure — Develop and maintain our central database. This will include improving data input processes, maintaining our ETL pipeline, and expanding the functionality of our web backend.
- Collection — Help us increase the speed and efficiency of data collection. This could include web scraping, natural language processing, and AI-enabled data transformation.
- Analysis — Dig deeper into the data, providing insights to our research, editorial and customer success teams to demonstrate the power of our platform.
- 2+ years experience as a Data Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Developer or equivalent
- Experience in Python and PostgreSQL
- A passion for addressing the climate crisis through high quality research and data
- Interest in working for a fast-moving startup with a small, international team
- A BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant field
- Experience using Django and/or DBT
- Experience in machine learning / natural language processing
- Experience with AWS (ECS, RDS, CloudFormation)
- Experience working with Jira / Agile framework
- Experience using Bitbucket Pipelines
- Working understanding of climate tech sectors
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from datasets
- Opportunity to work and learn at a fast-growing climate tech startup
- Based in Washington D.C., London, or remote (US Eastern and Europe time zones)
- Salary range $90,000–$140,000 annual base
- Generous stock options
- Flexible working hours and PTO
- Health coverage