Employer: 1.5degrees LLC (d.b.a. OnePointFive)
Date of Engagement: Starting as soon as possible, for three months. Potential contract-to-hire project opportunity depending on outcomes of three months.
Type of Engagement: Part-time paid fixed contract, working av. ~20hrs a week
Role: Expert Network - Community Experience & Growth Manager
OnePointFive (OPF) is seeking a Community Manager to:
- Proactively lead and grow our Expert Network community experiences – including events, newsletters, Slack engagements, and more
- Manage our top of funnel community experience from onboarding, interviewing, and marketing materials
- Creatively grow our movement, brand, and experience to become the go-to place to work on climate action
Introduction to OnePointFive
Since early 2020, OnePointFive has been working to disrupt the traditional advisory model for accessing on-demand, cost-effective, and vetted sustainability experts. Leveraging the “future of work” shift and adoption of remote work technology, OPF built an Expert Network of over 100 credentialed professionals, supporting bespoke climate projects and solution needs of businesses all over the world.
Many sustainability and climate-focused teams are capacity constrained, with more work priorities than they can handle. Most of the additional initiatives or projects on their plate are also bespoke needs, requiring specific expertise and not warranting full-time hires. To top it off, the climate solutions landscape has evolved and grown rapidly in the past two years, making it difficult for organizations to source the right talent (and solutions) to solve their climate needs.
At OnePointFive you'll find a community of interdisciplinary climate Experts working together to innovate and design solutions to sustainability challenges, helping organizations achieve sustainable long-term growth.
With regards to our organizational culture, we are people-centric, and operate with the cultural values of commitment, collaboration, respect, diversity, trust, transparency and accountability, in everything we do. We embody friendliness, yet professionalism in caring for our team members, customers and partners as we would our loved ones. We hope to find someone aligned with our vision and values to join our small but growing team.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 1-4 years of community, growth, or events management experience with proven “ownership” leading digital or in-person communities
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-autonomy work environment
- Digital marketing experience a plus
- Comfortable & familiar with non-code technology/tools & automations - i.e. Notion, Zapier, Hubspot, Airtable, Slack, Zoom
- Well-networked within climate space, strong background in climate issues and/or passionate about tackling climate change
- Community builder w/ experience w/ Slack or Discord communities
- Product/operations experience
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage our events funnel to create high-quality learnings & experiences around relevant climate issues
- Includes all internal & external outreach, managing inbound & outbound planning & scheduling of events, planning event experiences, working with event hosts and marketing teams
- Regularly meeting with & conducting user interviews with our expert network to stay ahead of the evolving needs of our expert network community
- Manage our digital communications stack (Slack & email)
- Facilitate, test, and grow our events/experience offerings, experimenting with new events like Town Halls, unconferences, coffee chats, mastermind groups, and more
- Interview, vet, and onboard prospective expert applicants
- Conduct outbound marketing efforts to bring in new experts
- Work closely with our Marketing team to update and improve our Expert Network marketing materials & efforts
- Build close relationships with our Expert Network community and comfortably interface with the entire network
- Support the initial formation of the OPF training academy
Our Team Targets and Goals
- Increased post-onboarding 1-week, 1-month, 1-quarter retention and engagement
- Increase regularity, frequency and attendance of Expert Network events
- Increase engagement and activity metrics on our community slack, including embedded automated Slack features to guide engagement (e.g. automating water cooler discussion between experts)
- Increase volume of expert network applications
- Existing processes, no-code implementations, and infrastructure to run events, interviews, onboarding, and email campaigns.
- Founding Partners, Expert Network Associate, support from OPF core team members as required, and a to-be-hired Expert Network Strategy & Operations Manager
Part-time, approximately 20 hours a week depending on candidate’s availability, either working in-person in New York and/or remotely within New York working hours.
Budget / compensation & benefits
For discussion during the interview process. Note that we are considering this role as a potential contract-to-hire opportunity based on the outcomes of this part-time project.
Computer and good internet access.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
We at OnePointFive strive to maintain a culture of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion within our organization, including in how we run our recruitment practices. We are surveying our potential applications (that’s you!) to better understand the demographics of our applicant pool. This will allow us to refine or improve our processes in the future to ensure we are reaching a wide and diverse group of individuals, as well as providing equal access to opportunities to work on climate.