The position will work across the origination, execution, and management of transactions, following investments throughout their life cycle. The role will include portfolio management by working with member companies and co-investors to help support and accelerate commercialization. Investments should demonstrate a substantive reduction in carbon emissions as well as attractive financial returns, including an appropriate risk-return profile.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
· Generation of deal flow
· Execution of due diligence
· Deal structuring/negotiation
· Portfolio management (including potential board or board observer seats)
· Leadership and external communications
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· To build and leverage networks to drive new deal flow along with potential co-investors and/or acquirers.
· To identify suitable investment opportunities that have the potential for significant carbon reduction.
· To lead deal teams including initial screening, active due diligence, deal structuring and negotiation of investment opportunities.
· To oversee and be responsible for the detailed financial modeling and returns scenario analysis.
· To assess credibility of management teams and their ability to project results.
· To actively manage portfolio companies, including board participation and follow-on investments.
· To actively monitor progress of portfolio companies, seek organizational input, and advise as needed.
· To manage exits to successfully provide an appropriate return on investment.
· To assist in driving strategic initiatives and input into broader company initiatives.
· To complete ongoing reporting and fair market analysis of portfolio companies.
· To be an ambassador for OGCI, including taking on speaking engagements and attending conferences.
· To provide leadership for investment team Associates and Analysts.
· To brief and liaise with the internal Climate Investments team, including strategy and commercialisation, and core functions such as finance and legal, as required.