This position can be located in Purchase, NY, Plano, TX, Chicago, IL, Washington D.C, or San Francisco (Bay Area), CA
pep+ (PepsiCo Positive) is the future of our organization – a strategic end-to-end transformation, with sustainability at the center of how we will create growth and value by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for the planet and people. It is our roadmap for becoming the global leader in convenient foods and beverages and a leading actor in the transformation of the global food system.
Under our pep+ sustainability strategy, we’re driven by three ambitious pillars:
Positive Agriculture+ where we’re working to source our crops and ingredients in ways that restore the earth and strengthens farming communities. Including spreading regenerative agriculture practices across seven million acres - an area approximately the size of our agricultural footprint.
Positive Value Chain+ that will transform how we make products in a way that build a circular, inclusive economy while making a positive impact on the planet and people. Goals include achieving net-zero emissions across our value chain by 2040, net water positive by 2030, and a sustainable packaging agenda, targets, and vision to create a world where packaging never becomes waste.
Positive Choices+ that is inspiring people, through brands to make choices that create more smiles for them and the planet every day. Including goals to accelerate our reduction of added sugars and sodium using science-based targets across our portfolio and offering more products with healthier oils by 2025.
For more information and a full list of our sustainability goals please visit PepsiCo Positive.
The Sustainable Investments Manager will play a critical and visible role to support this transformation within the Global Sustainability Office, reporting directly to the Senior Director of Sustainable Investments. Specifically, your role will advance PepsiCo’s global sustainability investment strategy, execution, portfolio management, and cross functional collaboration to drive our holistic sustainability agenda and vision.
Key accountabilities include:
- Support development of the global sustainability investment strategy through monitoring, providing research, and developing market intelligence and investment themes on emerging impact investing trends.
- Conduct portfolio review of PepsiCo’s global sustainability investments and assist in the development of investment frameworks that enable investment prioritization, accelerated decision making, and quantitative screening of opportunities to deliver our global sustainability goals.
- Undertake initial screening of investment inquiries, filter opportunities, evaluate combined financial and sustainability impact, conduct deal structure recommendations, and support key stakeholders with business case development.
- Identify, recommend, and align cross functional stakeholders on new and innovative capital and financial mechanisms to advance sustainability across PepsiCo’s sustainability pillars for organizational approval (Net Water Positive, Regenerative Agriculture, Packaging, Net Zero Emissions
- Support formal incorporation of sustainability guidelines and requirements into internal financial processes including mergers and acquisitions (M&A), CAPEX governance, and recurring financial planning processes (e.g. annual operating plans and long-term strategic planning).
- Develop and manage the sustainability impact & financial models (e.g. Marginal Abatement Cost Curves) in a visualization platform for Sectors and Global sustainability teams.
- Maintain external sustainability investments tracker focusing on key Climate Tech and social/environmental impact investment themes, structures, and dynamics.
- COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- Master’s degree or MBA in Sustainability, Finance or related technical fields strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in finance, accounting, management consulting, or investment industry (IB/PE/VC), preferably with an emphasis in social/environmental impact investing or broader climate tech space
- Strong acumen of capital markets and various capital structures in impact space
- Exceptional analytical, innovative, and problem-solving abilities with a results focused mindset
- Driven self-starter that is unafraid of ambiguity and working across levels of the organization
- Loves data… but loves creating insights and driving action with it even more
- Passionate and excited about the intersection of finance and sustainability
- Follows-through with their word with attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Experience and comfort developing presentation materials for an executive audience
- Understands the power of collaboration and enjoys quickly building trusted relationships to solve big, complex issues
- Curious mindset that is energized by learning new topics/subjects from world-class experts and/or understanding different external perspectives
- Is excited about driving systemic change in a global organization but is fiercely entrepreneurial
- Excitement about Consumer Packaged Goods and our brands
- Availability and willingness to travel (up to 10%)