Assembly OSM is a fast-growing, venture-backed company with the ambition to transform the way we design and deliver imaginative, innovative urban architecture. We are architects, engineers, designers, technologists, modelers, manufacturers, fabricators, prototypers, logistics and supply chain specialists, business developers, and operations nerds. We combine technology, design, architecture, and manufacturing to make high-rise urban buildings that are greener and higher-quality, using a system that is faster, less expensive, and more efficient.
Assembly is seeking a creative, tech-savvy structural engineer to contribute to both the product design engineering and structural engineering of building systems. This work will include interacting with architects, manufacturing engineers, and software engineers in designing the structural systems, digital models, and components that facilitate the efficient prefabricated assembly of mid to high rise residential buildings. Successful candidates will demonstrate high levels of curiosity and eagerness to explore creative technology solutions to technical & logistical problems.
- Analyze and design modular buildings and components
- Perform finite element structural analysis
- Coordinate structural design with multiple disciplines
- Present technical information for review by both experienced and non-technical audiences
- Participate in the production of technical drawings and BIM models to document structural designs in collaboration with design consultants and manufacturing engineers
- Grow engineering team with a culture of open communication, respectful collegiality, individual responsibility and team accountability
- Collaborate on projects with a cross‐functional team of software engineers, supply chain partners, architectural teams, production teams and tooling integrators
- Experience in the design and engineering of framing systems, including tolerancing
- Strong understanding of building codes, government regulations, and safety procedures
- Highly self‐directed and capable of creative problem solving, often with limited or changing sources of information
- Flexible mindset and comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Proficient with FEA software (eg. ETABS, Strand7, Bentley)
- Familiar with 3D modeling software (eg. Rhino, Grasshopper, Catia.) Willingness and ability to learn Catia and other parametric modeling software
- Effective project management skills. Ability to forecast task complexities and resources while proactively guiding multi-disciplinary teams toward viable solutions
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Graduate/Postgraduate degree preferred
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in structural design (or equivalent)
- Understanding of sustainable design methods in buildings
- Attitude of taking initiative, creativity, enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
To Apply Submit:
- Resume of work experience required.
- Optional: pictures, models, and/or renderings of past work.
- Optional: A brief cover letter outlining why you find this position intriguing and what qualities and perspective you could bring to our team. Submit your application on our Careers Page: https://assembly.pinpointhq.com/