About Rondo Energy
Rondo Energy's mission is to eliminate 15% of global CO2 emissions in 15 years.
To accomplish this mission, Rondo is deploying low-cost, zero-carbon Rondo Heat Batteries to accelerate the deployment of renewable energy and to significantly decarbonize industrial processes that are commonly thought of as "difficult-to-decarbonize". Our Heat Batteries charge from intermittent renewables to provide high temperature, continuous heat for customers safely, reliably, at an unprecedented 98% efficiency - and at a cost point that is lower than any other method.
We are looking for an experienced, charismatic Project Originator to join our team to help us repower industrial heat at scale. In this role, you will have a huge impact on Rondo's success as you would work directly with customers to originate and develop Heat Battery projects from first call to definitive agreement.
What You Will Do (key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to):
- Develop existing pipeline and originate new prospects. Own key accounts, driving repeat business and maintaining relationships throughout project lifecycle
- Support the identification of target customer segment markets, market segment value propositions and product roadmap strategy
- Qualify potential customers for product fit; understand the heating load, energy markets, renewables and evaluate ability to transact
- Manage customer relationships, understand customer decision making processes and navigate the path to closed sales
- Identify how Heat Batteries create value for stakeholders to develop the project scope and business relationships necessary to deliver turnkey project solutions for industrial facilities. This will require working closely with renewable developers, electric utilities, wholesale electricity market suppliers, EPC’s, our application engineering team, our legal team, and our project finance team to structure projects and iterate on proposed solutions
- Prepare customer presentation materials, perform some technical and financial analysis independently and work with the application engineering and project finance teams
- Identify key commercial terms to compose MOU’s, LOI’s, and term sheets to support the path to definitive agreements
- Present projects at internal approval meetings.
- Conduct virtual and in-person meetings with potential customers and project partners - present at conferences, webinars, trade associations, etc.
- Maintain your contacts and projects in CRM by advancing through deal stages and forecasting project size, close data, etc.
- Support the development and implementation of Rondo’s processes for project deal development, e.g. project information standards, document tracking, and risk review
What You Will Bring:
- Experience with industrial sector business development and large capital equipment sales
- Proven track record in lead creation, customer relationship nurturing through execution, and repeat sales - both independently and as part of a team
- Fluency in structuring and negotiating commercial contracts, finding a deal’s solution space that solves for the needs of the customer and the company
- Experience with renewable project development, including structuring project financing
- Experience with Commercial and Industrial micro-grid and combined heat and power projects
- Familiarity with industrial sector energy procurement and energy as-a-service business models
- Experience with Industrial energy efficiency project origination
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Dental & Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance and ADD
- Up to 13 paid holidays per year, in addition to a company week-long holiday in December
- Flexible time off policy
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Rondo HQ is close to Oakland airport - one block from the Bay - and has stunning Bay views!
This is a hybrid role with 2-3 days spent at our headquarters in Alameda. The role will require occasional travel to customer sites, domestic and global. The estimated current travel time is 10-20% but may grow as the business continues to evolve. The estimated salary for this role is between $125k and $225k and would be eligible for other Rondo compensation benefits and structures.
Rondo Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work. We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities.
Rondo is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process, please let our recruiting team know.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Rondo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Rondo Energy does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.