We are looking to hire a fixed-term Associate to support our management team in scoping an investment strategy focused on high-impact opportunities in food & agriculture and nature-based solutions for Generation’s Just Climate platform.
The role will involve both investment and strategy work. The Associate will be expected to lean in flexibly across workstreams, including characterizing the investment need, thesis-generation, originating potential deals and evaluating the climate impact opportunity, conducting diligence, and broader business planning requirements. The Associate will work closely with the current natural assets strategy working team.
The role is a fixed-term position for 3-6 months, with a possibility for extension and we can accommodate full-time or part time (20-25h/week) set-ups. We would like the candidate to be based in London and able to come into our offices at 20 Air Street as required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Strategy development: deliver insight into where Just Climate can be most catalytic in food & agriculture and nature-based solutions; characterize target opportunity set; evaluate climate impact opportunity and key measurement considerations; define option set for fund structure and terms; preparation of investment strategy opportunity analysis and recommendations, including drafting papers for senior leadership and presenting findings;
- Investment process: build out pipeline of potential opportunities; conduct quantitative and qualitative diligence; formulate early investment recommendations
- Network development: build out networks with management teams and potential partner NGOs, co-investors, and advisers;
- Team development: define business planning needs required to build out strategy
We are an equal opportunity employer and highly value diverse experiences from all backgrounds. Ideal background includes:
- Investing experience in growth equity, real asset investing, project finance, venture capital or similar environment – transaction experience is highly valued
- Knowledge of climate solutions, with a preference for experience in nature-based solutions, biodiversity conservation, agriculture etc.
- Strong project management and research skills, and strong Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Driven, self-starter, and able to work independently
- A passion and demonstrable interest in sustainability and climate impact, either from your professional and/or personal experience
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “NCS F-T Associate”.