Decarbonizing the energy sector is an urgent challenge, and with the right technology, geothermal energy can play a central role. We are expanding our team to help make this vision a reality. Fervo Energy has developed technology to make geothermal power scalable and cost-effective. Join us and work alongside world-class engineers, researchers, investors, and developers in making geothermal a key pillar of our climate-friendly energy future.
Fervo is seeking a highly self-motivated individual to help progress its efforts to integrate Direct Air Capture (DAC) with its geothermal systems. The Strategic Associate, Direct Air Capture will join a team designing and building a company strategy to co-locate geothermal energy projects with DAC facilities. A successful candidate will support Fervo’s work on evaluating and planning the implementation of DAC + geothermal solutions that could dramatically impact Fervo’s future growth profile and expand the company’s ability to address climate change. The Strategic Associate will report to the Strategic Lead on the Strategy and Policy team.
- Progress Fervo’s proposed technical and commercial approach to integrating DAC with its geothermal facilities to deliver cost-effective, net-negative-emission, next-gen geothermal + DAC facilities
- Manage process engineering and system design work for facility integration plans
- Work collaboratively with innovative DAC, sequestration, and CO2 utilization companies to understand their technology and evaluate potential technology partnerships
- Prepare and present presentations to share insights, provide updates, and align stakeholders – internally and externally
- Drive for the successful completion of assigned projects and initiatives through cross-functional collaboration while enhancing team capabilities
- Build a path to scaling Fervo’s carbon removal approach as it builds an increasing number of geothermal facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree required; engineering, finance, accounting, economics, or related field preferred
- 2+ years of professional experience or 1+ years of professional experience with graduate degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high degree of organization, creativity, and self-motivation
- Ability to thrive in a highly autonomous role with limited supervision or direction amongst changing priorities