Join a Cleantech 50 to Watch start up and work to reverse climate change.
We are seeking a full time Technical Business Development Manager (m/f/x) with a track record of building successful relationships and closing new business to manage sales and technical support for key stakeholders in the manufacturing ecosystem. This is a pivotal role in a fast-growing company working at the intersection of material science and carbon capture.
Made of Air is a climate-focused materials company transforming waste biomass into high-value, carbon negative, thermoplastic materials for industrial use.
Made of Air’s materials replace fossil plastics in manufactured products. Composed of carbon sequestered from the atmosphere, the materials permanently remove CO2 and are thermoformed by standard industrial processes to meet millions of building and consumer product applications. Storing carbon in products enables manufactured goods to become an engineered carbon sink.
Made of Air is an award winning start up that pushes the boundaries of materials and production, helping to build economies that actively reverse climate change. This is a high-growth, dynamic environment with a diverse and highly motivated team of innovators, scientists, and business visionaries.
Our mission is to provide carbon negative materials to enact and inspire urgent, scale reversal of the climate crisis.
How you’ll make a difference:
As Technical Business Development Manager (m/f/x), you will proactively build, manage and maintain customer relationships according to company targets.
Working closely with the Business Development and Product Teams, you will be responsible for helping customers and partners onboard new materials to their supply chains, owning the sale of our carbon negative material from end-to-end.
What you will be doing:
- Manage technical sales end-to-end, successfully delivering product solutions to B2B customers and partners.
- Become a trusted advisor to existing and potential customers
- Explain complex subject matters (carbon capture, injection molding) to any audience
- Negotiate pricing and delivery terms according to company goals and customer needs
- Work with the business development team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical requirements, and help convert prospects to customers
- Work closely with the product team to trial our product in applications within the customer environment
- Manage projects in close cooperation with production and business development teams, ensuring development, testing, design and quality of manufacturing is met
- Collect feedback and identify further customer requirements, supporting the acquisition of new projects
- Foster customer adoption of new polymer compounds by working closely with the manufacturer’s thermoforming processes, alongside MOA’s Application Engineers
- Ease the change management process for customers
- Advise on equipment needs, process steps and settings for our material
- Develop a deep understanding of our technology and help customers fall in love with our product
- Assist the business development team by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers
- Build sustainable customer relationships through regular on-site visits
We’re looking for*:
- Experience in materials or plastics sales strongly preferred
- Track record in shaping and closing deals in technical products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Diligence in building strategic working relationships
- Technical knowledge of material compounds and thermoforming processes
- A proactive and multidisciplinary spirit, stress-resilience, and diverse thinking
- A drive to participate in an urgent climate mission
- BSc or Master’s degree in Engineering, Materials or Chemistry or equivalent experience
*If you do not have all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway and tell us why your personal experience makes you an excellent candidate
- An ambitious team with a shared passion for the climate. You will work in a transparent, fast-growing, and inspirational environment in which you are able to innovate and be challenged on a daily basis.
- Integration into a highly creative and interdisciplinary environment, with opportunities for financial and operations career development.
- The chance to be a pivotal member of a ground breaking company.
- 28 paid days off on a full-time basis
- A permanent contract and a short probationary period of 3 months
- Mission-driven work that enacts the urgent reversal of climate change.
- Put People and Planet First
- Create Tangible Impact
- Build Trust through Transparency
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion / worldview, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity
If you have questions you can call Franziska at +49 30 22374830 or write to email@example.com
We are looking forward to getting to know you!