Climate Tech VC is the leading source on climate and innovation, read twice weekly by 25,000+ climate tech investors & operators.
As the market picks up pace, we’re leveling up. We’re looking for a true “climate unicorn” - a paid, full-time Managing Editor who will drive forward Climate Tech VC’s narrative and market coverage.
A good fit Managing Editor will be technically inclined, financially curious, and obsessed with unf*cking our planet. You’ll be on the front lines with leading founders and investors, help build and manage our editorial team, and make a meaningful impact influencing the narrative of climate tech. You’re epically curious and a little spicy, while being reliable and prolific. Must love emojis.
To apply, tell us more about yourself here.
Unicorn recommendations? Email us folks that we need to meet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lead & build the editorial team. Plan and manage all weekly reporting, topics, and deal coverage. Hire, coach, and manage a (future) content team.
- Manage editorial process and meetings
- Plan and approve assignments for writers and editors
- Control schedules and enforce deadlines (for writers, photographers, designers etc.)
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy for consistent “CTVC voice”
- Own the content vision. Strategically manage and own our pipeline. Create and collaborate on new types of content and ideas.
- Write longform feature deep dives. You’re equal part detective and orator. Synthesis is your middle name. As a climate tech market expert, you overflow with perspective on 1) what do we need to know and 2) how should we be thinking about it?
- Interview the rising stars. You’ll be on the front lines of climate tech, determining where the trend line is going. You ask the right questions, at the right time. We give, don’t take - the interviewee should leave the conversation with new insight and perspective.
- Develop and engage our audience. With an eye towards the future, create playbooks and develop structures to build CTVC content to scale. Consistency, quality, and efficiency are the name(s) of our game.
- Represent Climate Tech VC. Embody the voice of CTVC and live our values externally and through written word.
Who you are
- Climate-first. A strong background in climate tech, and equal sector opportunity player - whatever that means to you.
- Sees where the edge of the field is, through the noise. Has a nose for the green BS.
- Equal parts investigator and storyteller. You’re comfortable deep in the data and up at the 10,000 ft view. Go past "what are the facts" to "how should we think about this?"
- Innovation-fluent. Just as fluent in ARR as you are in GHGs.
- Punny. Must love emojis.
- You’re adaptive, impact-motivated, bursting with agency, and a giver.
Of course, this is a long wish list. Apply and tell us what we’re over-emphasizing, missing, and what you think should matter in this role.
The fine print
Good! We like that you like the fine print. Applications are open until Friday, May 20th. We’ll begin evaluations on a rolling basis - so the sooner you apply, the sooner we can start getting to know you. EST is our time zone center of gravity, though you can be fully remote. Compensation is commensurate with level of experience, and market competitive. Our team’s composition sits far outside the normal distribution of diversity. Maybe you do, too. In any case, you bring a unique perspective and spice.