Employer: 1.5degrees LLC (d.b.a. OnePointFive)
Date of Engagement: Starting as soon as possible, for three months. Potential contract-to-hire project opportunity depending on outcomes of three months.
Type of Engagement: Part-time paid fixed contract, working av. ~20hrs a week
Role: Expert Network Strategy & Operations Manager
OnePointFive (OPF) is seeking a Strategy & Operations Manager to:
- Build tools and visibility into the Expert Network that increase expert engagement and access with current client work
- Manage and build our resources and trainings to lower the barrier to entry for new experts working on client projects
- Improve our vetting and matching processes using research on talent marketplaces to increase expert<>project fit
- Manage experimental programs to further democratize and decentralize the consulting operations of OPF
Introduction to OnePointFive
Since early 2020, OnePointFive has been working to disrupt the traditional advisory model for accessing on-demand, cost-effective, and vetted sustainability experts. Leveraging the “future of work” shift and adoption of remote work technology, OPF built an Expert Network of over 100 credentialed professionals, supporting bespoke climate projects and solution needs of businesses all over the world.
Many sustainability and climate-focused teams are capacity constrained, with more work priorities than they can handle. Most of the additional initiatives or projects on their plate are also bespoke needs, requiring specific expertise and not warranting full-time hires. To top it off, the climate solutions landscape has evolved and grown rapidly in the past two years, making it difficult for organizations to source the right talent (and solutions) to solve their climate needs.
At OnePointFive you'll find a community of interdisciplinary climate Experts working together to innovate and design solutions to sustainability challenges, helping organizations achieve sustainable long-term growth.
With regards to our organizational culture, we are people-centric, and operate with the cultural values of commitment, collaboration, respect, diversity, trust, transparency and accountability, in everything we do. We embody friendliness, yet professionalism in caring for our team members, customers and partners as we would our loved ones. We hope to find someone aligned with our vision and values to join our small but growing team.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 2-5 years of project or team management experience
- Consulting background strongly encouraged
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-autonomy work environment
- Online content & resource development a plus
- Comfortable & familiar with non-code technology/tools & automations - i.e. Notion, Zapier, Hubspot, Airtable, Slack, Zoom
- Product/operations experience
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
- Help manage and build an “OPF Academy” to train new & incoming experts on OPF consulting practices
- Includes development of new online videos, tutorials, and templates for quickly developing client proposals, presentations, or projects
- Update our vetting & matching process from our interviews, email automations, matching criteria/taxonomy, and application processes for joining client projects
- Set up backend infra, no-code automations to reduce manual overhead
- Manage expert interviews and matching processes for client projects in collaboration with the rest of the core/expert network teams
- Project manage decentralized consulting operations – from training and onboarding to project execution
- Roll out our project nomination & visibility tools with an eye for expert adoption & usage
Our Team Targets & Goals
- Expert Project Engagement
- Increasing the number of applications and project nominations coming from our expert network
- Build out our expert-led processes to increase number of experts leading or staffed on proposal development and client projects
- Operational Efficiency
- Reduce team time spent onboarding and matching experts to projects
- Reduce core team involvement training and supporting experts that are working on client consulting projects
- Reduce business development and Expert Network manual dependencies around project deal flow, expert staffing, and matching
- Existing processes, no-code implementations, and infrastructure to match, vet, and train experts on client projects
- Founding Partners, Expert Network Associate, support from OPF core team members as required, and a to-be-hired Expert Network Community Manager focused on growth & experience
Part-time, approximately 20 hours a week depending on candidate’s availability, either working in-person in New York and/or remotely within New York working hours.
Budget / compensation & benefits
For discussion during the interview process. Note that we are considering this role as a potential contract-to-hire opportunity based on the outcomes of this part-time project.
Computer and good internet access.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
We at OnePointFive strive to maintain a culture of justice, equity, diversity and inclusion within our organization, including in how we run our recruitment practices. We are surveying our potential applications (that’s you!) to better understand the demographics of our applicant pool. This will allow us to refine or improve our processes in the future to ensure we are reaching a wide and diverse group of individuals, as well as providing equal access to opportunities to work on climate.