The Vice President, Global Services Business Development and Strategies will lead the growing global services business unit. Services are central to Bloom’s growth and profitability strategy. This position will play a key leadership role in scaling the services business from its present $200M in annual revenue to $300M and beyond. This leader will be responsible for developing and implementing the services strategy to support these strategic growth objectives. This is a high visibility, high impact and high profile role that will work closely with the CEO, senior leadership team, and other departments to develop and implement strategies that drive growth, increase profitability, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and implement the services business strategy to support the company's overall business objectives.
- Manage the global services portfolio, including identifying new services offerings, pricing strategies, and market positioning.
- Drive profitable growth in the services business through effective sales and marketing strategies.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities in the services sector, including joint ventures, partnerships, and acquisitions.
- Partner with legal, services operations and other key stakeholders to ensure that contract language supports the overall improvement of profitability.
- Foster strong relationships with customers to ensure that services meet or exceed their expectations.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and implement new technologies to support the services business.
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competition, and customer feedback to identify areas for improvement and growth opportunities.
- Partner with the senior leadership team to develop and implement long-term strategic plans that align with the company's vision and goals.
- Develop and manage the services budget, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively to support growth objectives.
- Lead business intelligence and analytics team to drive efficiencies.
- Define KPIs, understand performance against these metrics, and be able to synthesize and simplify data to present to executives on short notice.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated track record defining and implementing global business development roadmaps within the energy services sector. Significant experience operating large power generation fleets, distributed generation preferred. Relevant sectors include power generation, capital equipment, automotive, aerospace & defense, carrier-class networking, high performance servers, and enterprise storage.
- Significant experience driving change management and business transformation.
- Track record of defining pricing, cost efficiency and customer service models for new and existing services offerings.
- Demonstrated success in driving profitable growth for a services business.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a track record of developing and implementing effective solutions using Business intelligence and data analytics.
- Experience writing and finalizing contract language that drives the improvement of profitability.
- High EQ individual capable of impacting culture change from ad hoc start-up to process-oriented public company.
- Comfortable initiating productive discussions in an environment with competing points of view.
- Must be self-motivated with high energy level and a strong worth ethic.
- Organizational leadership skills; focus on achieving results, yet sensitivity to the need of communicating effectively with other team members.
- Commitment to high standards of excellence and integrity.
- Strong planning, mentoring and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Inspires and engages leadership; comfortable with walking into team areas and engaging directly with all team members.
- Travel up to 20% both domestically and internationally
Education / Certifications
Undergraduate degree, preferably in a technical discipline (e.g., Electrical or Mechanical Engineering) or Operations Research. MBA preferred. Relevant practical experience will supersede a specific academic qualification.
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
$280,000.00 - $370,000.00